Sunday, August 31, 2008

iGoogle

I was so easy to create my own iGoogle homepage and add the required gadgets:

http://www.google.com/ig?source=gama&hl=en

Google is one topic I know a bit about because i've just finished listening to the audio book - The Google Story. Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google co-founders, are inspirational and if I knew more about computer technology and search engines I'd love to work for them.If the cefeteria that serves free daily meals and the fantastic office isn't enough, working with such passionate and driven people would be inspiring.

Google Maps

Google Maps is an amazing tool and very easy to use. I found Miss J's house - although the way the photos were taken I could see our cars on the street, but not the actual house.My new townhouse looked better because it's not blocked by trees. At my work wasn't hard to find because the building is big, and it's on a mail road.

I can see how some people may think their privacy invaded. Car number plates were blocked out, but a guy from work was photographed in his front yard doing the gardening. I think the site could be improved by documenting exactly when the photos for each place of residence were taken.







No comments: